August 16, 2019
Are you ready to take the road to success? Do you want to make it to the top but don’t know how to get there? We’ve compiled ten habits of a successful, Lebanese CEO and entrepreneur – none other than our favorite Adnan Ammache. Here’s some of his advice:
- Sleep early, wake up early. You don’t want to wake up cranky and unrested, because that doesn’t send a positive message to your team. You have to be energetic and ready to go, motivating others to be the same. It really makes a difference!
- Exercise before work. Exercise is essential for a healthy body and mind, and you should try to incorporate it into your daily lives. “I always try to exercise before work. Some people might find it extremely challenging to wake up at early hours. I recommend everybody reading this today to start their day with a workout, even if it’s only for a few minutes. It gets the brain going and gives you good morale for the entire day.”
- Find purpose in everything you do. Don’t be one of those people who stare impatiently at the clock from 9 to 5. “Whatever you do, do it passionately. Appreciate what you are doing, and create value for others.” It’s not about earning a paycheck at the end of the month.
- Find and work with talented and passionate fresh graduates. “I love fresh graduates because I believe that, if given the opportunity to do something great, they will get the job done.” It’s very easy to be influenced by such a young and vivacious culture.
- Gather funds early. “I would suggest fundraising as soon as possible.” There is risk in any business you wish to launch, and risk will always be around as you run your new business. Constantly show investors that it is worth investing in your projects. Additionally, you want investors who can think strategically and can improve your business in new ways.
- Look for mentors. Mentors are essential for self-development because they have the power to inspire, teach, and benefit you. “Keep them close,” notes Adnan. “I always like to show them appreciation. Show them that what they do for you is valuable.”
- Do tedious tasks, and delegate fun tasks. “From my experience, tedious tasks are often boring, and I don’t want my team to be demotivated. I tackle the tedious tasks and give away the fun tasks. This way, I keep my team more engaged.” It keeps employees happy and excited about the work that they have to complete, encouraging them to do their best.
- Have a side shuffle. Regardless of whether you are the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, a salesperson, or any position you may hold, there’s always the opportunity to develop a side shuffle. Try learning valuable skills that can help you create the next big idea, or take on some kind of project in your free time. “Presentail used to be my side shuffle, and now it is what I focus on the most.”
- Persevere no matter what. “You’re going to have good days and bad days.” You need to push through all the obstacles you might encounter. “You will get through them… I hope!”
- Have fun! “Entrepreneurship is a very difficult process, and starting a business is extremely challenging.” However, if you’re having fun while going through this process, it makes the experience more bearable and enjoyable.
Now that you’ve gained some tips, what are you waiting for!? Get moving on the road to success today!